Go on an outdoor adventure on diverse Kythira!
We offer a very attractive and varied 9 days outdoor programme for the active nature lover and the sporty peace seeker. Our experienced guide Alexis will take you on his trips across and around the island. One day with a kayak along the jagged coastline, another day with a mountain bike on unpaved roads and paths, then abseiling in one of Kythira’s impressive gorges.
Our outdoor programme:
3 days of sea kayaking
2 days of mountain biking
1 day of canyoning
1 free day
The format of the programme will be a surprise until you arrive. The weather conditions will determine which activity will take place on which day. That is why you will receive all the necessary information from Alexis upon your arrival at Kythira.
We organise the outdoor activities all over the island, so you will spend the night in at least three different accommodations (always in a double room and on a bed and breakfast basis). We not only take care of the transfers between your accommodation and the activities, but also the transfers between the accommodations themselves.
Dates in 2024:
We organise this unique outdoor programme in these periods:
May 1st – May 15th
June 1st – June 30th
September 1st – September 20th
October 1st – October 31st
1245.00 euro per person, based on 2 people sharing a double room (bed and breakfast)
Surcharge for 1 single room: 200.00 euro
- Transfer from and to Kythira airport on arrival day and departure day
- Eight nights bed and breakfast in hotel or guesthouse (double room)
- Professional guidance at all activities (sea kayak, mountain bike, canyoning)
- Equipment (single or double kayak, mountain bike and canyoning equipment)
- All transfers during outdoor days
- All transfers between accommodations
- A light lunch during outdoor days
- Information pack with detailed map (1:25.000) and book about Kythira
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- In order to participate, you don’t need to have any outdoor experience, although your physical condition needs to be good.
- Accommodation: you will stay in one of our accommodations (see our website’s accommodation page). Each accommodation has a kitchen, a bathroom, a balcony and/or terrace.
- Breakfast is included.
- Your flight to Kythira: you arrange your own flight. There are domestic flights from Athens to Kythira. If you want, you can combine this trip with a visit to Athens. Pyrgos House is happy to advise you.
- Extension of your stay: If you want, you can certainly stay longer after the Outdoor Week. We will be happy to inform you about the possibilities.
- Assistance: Pyrgos House offers the service of a telephone number (24h a day/7 days a week) in case you need any assistance.
- Travel insurance: we advise you to have adequate travel insurance with a reputable insurer to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, loss of or damage to luggage etc. Make sure that your insurance includes additional cover for outdoor activities.