Being active on peaceful Kythira – step by step – from olive to oil
Have you ever been curious about harvesting olives? Then you must visit Greece in late autumn and experience how different daily life can be on an inspiring island such as Kythira. There are hardly any tourists, you are alone with the Greeks and the island is unspoilt. During the day, you will be very active, immersed in nature, harvesting olives or walking. Late in the afternoon at home, after a warm and refreshing shower, you will recover from another energetic day, with the heating turned on, a glass of ouzo, the candles burning and a good book. All that remains is to go out for dinner in one of the tavernas in Potamos.
So: complete relaxation together with strenuous activities – the perfect combination to get away from your daily routine, to escape a bit from your daily life.
The olive walking weeks in summary:
- Enjoying an active autumn on the Greek island of Kythira
- A week immersed in nature
- Completely away from normal routine
- Emptying your mind
- 3 olive picking days
- 2 walking days
- 1 free day
- Arrival is possible on every day in November.
- On your arrival day we will inform you about the week’s program.
- Harvesting: you will be picking olives together with locals. You will enjoy hard work and may experience some aching muscles!
- Walking: you will be walking in small groups, guided by Frank. The walks – one in the north and one in the south – are relaxing and inspiring.
- Excursions: you will be visiting Potamos Olive Oil Co-operative and a tsipouro distillery.
- You can extend your stay on Kythira, of course. We will be happy to inform you about the possibilities.
- 7 days duration
- Breakfast every day in a kafeneion in Potamos
- 3 Lunches in the olive groves, on harvesting days
- 2 Lunches in a local taverna along the route, on walking days
- 6 Dinners in one of the Potamos tavernas
Only € 390 per person, staying in Pyrgos House (minimum 2 and maximum 4 guests). If you are staying in one of our other properties in Potamos, then the price will be from € 365 per person (based on two people travelling together and sharing a double room). Surcharge for single occupancy : € 150.
- 7 nights accommodation
- All meals from dinner on arrival day up to breakfast on departure day (apart from lunch and dinner on your free day)
- All transfers
- 2 guided walks
- Excursion to the Olive Oil Co-operative and tsipouro distillery
- Free walking route descriptions
- A bottle of fresh olive oil to enjoy back home and recall an unforgettable week.
Enjoy watching this beautiful video with Harry Tzortzopoulos – one of the olive farmers with whom we cooperate -, harvesting olives: